Tuesday, September 6, 2011

DJ Epic Interview

DJ Epic, until just a few months ago, was relatively unknown. Through a ton of hard work, he pushed through to the blogger's scene. I first found him at his third volume of his Pregame mixtape series. It contained a high energy top 40 electro tracklist. During his following mixtapes in the same series, I have seen nothing but improvement. He has also began working on a ton of mashups and originals. Besides that, he also has a dubstep series as well. Boasting close to 1800 likes on Facebook, DJ Epic is showing no signs of slowing down. His new album full of mashes and originals also drops tomorrow. Be sure and grab that! Now let's learn a little about DJ Epic!


Spartytunes: What advice do you have for young and aspiring dj's and artists?

DJ Epic: If you give it 110% you will be noticed sooner or later. It took me about 3 years to start showing up on the internet and getting gigs. It’s also important that when you start getting recognized not to grow an ego. I see some artists and dj's constantly bragging about the number of facebook fans they have, it’s music not a competition.

Spartytunes: With the success that your "Epic Pregame" mixtape series has had, how much further do you think you will take it?

DJ Epic: I’ll take it as far as I can. I would like to start doing them as podcasts on iTunes, then maybe someday as a radio mixshow.

Spartytunes: With your new album -Blackout- dropping tomorrow, what can we expect?

DJ Epic: Blackout is going to be dirty, and of course epic.

Spartytunes: You've done the mixtapes and you've done the mashups. Should we still expect both of those in the future?

DJ Epic: I’m going to start to work on remixes after Blackout is released. Mashups only take you so far but they are a crucial learning element for a beginning producer like me.

Spartytunes: What dj's do you look upto?

DJ Epic: DJ AM was a huge inspiration to me and was the reason I used every dollar I had to buy turntables. I started out spinning hip hop, then I heard a Tiesto track, and I was instantly hooked to electronic music.

Spartytunes: Where do you want to end up? What is your ultimate goal?

DJ Epic: My goal is to make dj'ing and producing my career. I want to end up with a top gig like everyone else.

Spartytunes: Any last words?

DJ Epic: Thanks for the interview and everyone be ready to blackout tomorrow!

For more DJ Epic: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

No comments:

Post a Comment