Friday, November 26, 2010

DJ JayCeeOh Interview

Two weeks ago, I decided I wanted DJ JayCeeoh to be my next interview. Anyone who listens to mixtapes knows him. JayCeeOh is the creator of the Super 7 series. The Super 7 series includes such names as DJ Risk One, Skratch Bastid, DJ Steve1der, DJ Benzi, DJ Spryte, DJ Ross One, DJ Scene, the Captains of Industry, and more. DJ JayCeeoh is quickly becoming more and more of a household name around the industry. Besides dj'ing, he also a producer. Many of his tunes have an electro hop sound. You can find JayCeeOh usually all over the country including cities like New York City, Los Angeles, Pittsburgh and Boston. Besides here in the U.S., you can find DJ Jayceeoh in Europe as well. Be sure and check out this interview with Super 7 genious DJ JayCeeoh! Also, check out some of his latest remixes and his latest Super 7 Mixtape!


Spartytunes: What advice do you guys have for young and aspiring artists?

DJ JayCeeoh: Practice, be unique, be persistent, and be consistent.

Spartytunes: Where does the name JayCeeOh come from?

DJ JayCeeoh: They are my initials spelled out.

Spartytunes: What inspired the creation of the Super 7 Series mixtapes?

DJ JayCeeoh: I started the series just as a way to collaborate on a mix with a group of DJ homies. After the great response to the project from Volume One, I knew I had something good going. I started getting hit up from all corners of the world by DJs wanting to get down. Since I have no shortage of talented DJ friends and an interest for more, I thought to keep the series going. Now we are at Volume 4 and I have involved 25 world class dj's as part of the Super 7 Series.

Spartytunes: Have you locked down the dj's for your next Super 7, and when can we expect it?

DJ JayCeeoh: I havent started on Volume 5 yet. I usually do one a year, but I released Volume 3 and 4 in 2010.... I would say that Volume 5 should be out around Summer 2011. The line-up will be stacked. I have a list of future dj's I plan on involving in the series before I cap it at Volume 7. Someone new may catch my ear and make it on one of the volumes, you never know.

Spartytunes: Who are your favorite dj's to play alongside with?

DJ JayCeeoh: There are tons of dj's who are dope and fun to rock with, but to simplify my answer I am going to list all the DJs who have been featured on Super 7... Fashen, Spider, Spryte, Scene, Bladerunners, Vin Sol, Team Canada, Steve1der, Bcause, Morse Code, Platurn, Benzi, Eleven, Excel, Illo, Klutch, Risk One, Mos, U-Tern, Skratch Bastid, Thee Mike B, Cosmo Baker, Stonerokk, Graham Funke, and Ross One.

Spartytunes: Where can we usually find you? Are you in a set location or do you usually move around the country?

DJ JayCeeoh: I am constantly on the move. You can find me bouncing around the US, Canada, and Europe frequently. I am currently living in Brooklyn but this January will be transferring coasts to Los Angeles.

Spartytunes: Any last words?

DJ JayCeeoh: Tell a friend to tell a friend!
 
DJ JayCeeOh - On a Mission (JayCeeOh Bootleg)

M.I.A. - Steppin Up (Nacey Remix) (JayCeeOh Drum Edit)

DJ JayCeeOh - Caribou Lean

For more DJ JayCeeOh: Blog | Soundcloud | Myspace | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment